Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/12/10 04:46:43 UTC

Keeping the instance state in Topology

Hi,

Need to know about $subject.
These details are valuable for handling a restart of the Autoscaler.

I see Activated, Created, Starting, Suspended, and Terminated states.

I think we can map Created state to Pending state at Autoscaler side.

What is the status if the instance is created but not activated? Is it
starting?

Thanks.

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: Keeping the instance state in Topology

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Currently when AS started an instance, it keep that member in a pending
list.
private List<MemberContext> pendingMembers; in PartitionContext.

If the member did not become activated for some time, AS takes necessary
actions (kill it and start another I guess).

--
Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
lean. enterprise. middleware

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Keeping the instance state in Topology

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Good suggestions Reka. We might have to do this carefully.

Instance status kept in topology will be helpful to a recovery of
Autoscaler.

Thanks.

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi