Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/18 12:18:21 UTC

is it possible to trace/debug cassandra?

Would it be possible to put cassandra in debug mode, so I could actually
step through, line by line, the execution flow of operations I execute
against it?

If yes, any help would be great.

Re: is it possible to trace/debug cassandra?

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
Add to cassandra.in.sh  -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n
to the JVM_OPTS section.
Then connect with jdb (
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/solaris/jdb.html) or your IDE as
a remote process