Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Aqua <aq...@dlink.org> on 2007/09/18 17:54:41 UTC

Newbie - Samples or Tutorials

Dear Gurus,

Someone please point me to a good tutorial or sample page. Most of the
resources (I came across) are ole and I am looking for samples that work on
recent HTTPD (2.2.x) and recent mod_perl version.

Best Regards
Dominic

Re: Newbie - Samples or Tutorials

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Hmm, that is exactly what's on http://perl.apache.org/.

> Are there any simple sample mod_perl based applications available on the
> net?

Yes.  There are many on CPAN (try searching for Apache) and there are
some lists in the documentation:
http://perl.apache.org/products/products.html
http://perl.apache.org/products/app-server.html

> Any info on performace changes due to the use of mod_perl etc.

There's plenty of performance-related information on the site too.

If you're having trouble following this documentation and need a
gentler introduction, you should try one of the books:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/books.html

Most of the information in the mod_perl 1 books is still relevant on
the current release, especially if you use a layer like Mason or
ModPerl::Registry.

- Perrin

Re: Newbie - Samples or Tutorials

Posted by Nguyen Vu Hung <vu...@cnt.mxt.nes.nec.co.jp>.
Hotscripts.com has tons of tutorials[1] and sample code[2]

By reading such tutorials, you will be able to write code, quite fast,
but dirty. After that, a reference and actual code from *good* perl
applications are your good friends. See [2].

For the performance of mp, speaking of my own experience: It is fast
in comparison with other languages.

But you can google.

[1] http://www.hotscripts.com/CGI_and_Perl/Tips_and_Tutorials/index.html
[2] http://www.hotscripts.com/CGI_and_Perl/