Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Warnick <wa...@isp01.net> on 2008/11/27 08:20:56 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy sends reverse proxy request twice

It looks like for Apache 2.2.10 on Windows, mod_proxy sends reverse proxy
requests twice.  I've verified this using two different packet sniffers.  I
also tracked the problem to the 'WSAsend' winsock call.  If you alter the
APR to use the 'send' winsock API call instead of the WSAsend call, then the
problem goes away.  I wonder if this is a winsock bug.

Ryan

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy sends reverse proxy request twice

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:20:56 -0700
"Ryan Warnick" <wa...@isp01.net> wrote:

> It looks like for Apache 2.2.10 on Windows, mod_proxy sends reverse
> proxy requests twice.  I've verified this using two different packet
> sniffers.  I also tracked the problem to the 'WSAsend' winsock call.
> If you alter the APR to use the 'send' winsock API call instead of
> the WSAsend call, then the problem goes away.  I wonder if this is a
> winsock bug.

Speaking from complete ignorance of Windows ...

I expect if your experience were universal or even common, we'd've
been deluged with reports of it.  Have you reproduced it on different
windows versions, and perhaps on a 'clean' install without other
software that might affect your networking?

If it's changed in 2.2.10 vs 2.2.9 (or other recent version),
then maybe you should enter it in bugzilla.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/