Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/08/26 12:55:29 UTC

WebBeans "eating" JSF 2.0 annotations ?

Hi,

is it possible that the current trunk is _eating_ JSF 2.0 annotations ?

<someCode>
import javax.faces.bean.ManagedBean;
import javax.faces.bean.SessionScoped;

@ManagedBean(name="playersBean")
@SessionScoped
public class ViewParamsBean
{
</someCode>

In June (before reflecting the javax.enterprise.context changes) it was working.
Now expressions like #{playersBean} are simply ignored ;-)

Demo project is here:
https://facesgoodies.googlecode.com/svn/CGN/trunk/

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Re: WebBeans "eating" JSF 2.0 annotations ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I haven't touched the POM (besides adding a dependency)
and it was working in June :-) Also (see my other mail) my other managed beans
now work (after replacing the JSF 2.0 annotations)

-Matthias

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
>>>has there been any testing on OBW + JSF 2.0 ?
No. But will try.

--Gurkan

Posted by Sven Linstaedt <sv...@googlemail.com>.
Nevertheless in which package and jar these annotations resides, I
would like to see Application-, Session-, Request-, Conversation-,
Flash- and ViewScope in one Place and instances residing in these
scopes being injectable in each other. If one uses a scope not
available in the given environment, an exception could be thrown
during deployment time.

Sven

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I closed the ticket :-)

Posted by Sven Linstaedt <sv...@googlemail.com>.
I think the problem with jetty:run is it uses ./target/classes as
webapplication's classpath instead of ./WEB-INF/classes which is
searched through by the class scanner.

Sven

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Matze,
I think this would all become ok if _all_ the EE6 parts will simply use the JSR-330 javax.inject.Scope annotation as basis for their scopes. This would make at least the classpath scanning part a hell lot easier (the context implementation in the background still needs to be coded for each DI part, because there is no API defined for it except in JSR-299).

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf<ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> has no effect. The beast can't find the JSF beans.
> Due to lack of time, I am going with JSF 2.0 standalone.

funny. simply replacing the JSF 2.0 annotions by javax.enterprise.*
works...

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.