Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Saha, Sushanta K" <su...@verizonwireless.com> on 2021/09/27 16:09:13 UTC

Latest Supported RedHat Linux version for Cassandra 3.11

I am currently running Open Source Apache Cassandra 3.11.1 on RedHat 7.7.
But, need to upgrade the OS to RedHat to 7.9 or 8.x.

The site
cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/cassandra/getting_started/installing.html
has listed "CentOS & RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) including 6.6 to 7.7".
FYI.

Question : Can I run Cassandra 3.11.1 on RedHat 7.9 or 8.x?

Thanks
.... Sushanta

Re: Latest Supported RedHat Linux version for Cassandra 3.11

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
runs through 8.4 for sure.

*Daemeon Reiydelle*
*email: daemeonr@gmail.com <da...@gmail.com>*
*LI: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daemeonreiydelle/
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/daemeonreiydelle/>*
*San Francisco 1.415.501.0198/Skype daemeon.c.m.reiydelle*

*“*“I have a different idea of elegance. I don't dress like a fop, it’s
true, but my moral grooming is impeccable. I never appear in public with a
soiled conscience, a tarnished honor, threadbare scruples, or an insult
that I haven't washed away. I'm always immaculately clean, adorned with
independence and frankness. I may not cut a stylish figure, but I hold my
soul erect. I wear my deeds as ribbons, my wit is sharper than the finest
mustache, and when I walk among men I make truths ring like spurs.”

Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac

Posted by Bowen Song <bo...@bso.ng>.
The document page looks pretty old. RHEL 7.8, 7.9 and 8 and Debian 10
have been available for some years, but the page is still referencing to
RHEL 7.7 and Debian 9. However, the page has made the point: "Cassandra
runs on a wide array of Linux distributions including (but not limited
to)" that list of distributions and versions.

I know Cassandra 3.11.x and 4.0.x run on CentOS 7.9 without any issue.
I'm very confidence that they will run on RedHat 7.9 too. I have not
tried any of them on RHEL 8, but I would expect they will work just fine.

Posted by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com>.
Just as a data point - I'm running 4.0.1 on Rocky Linux 8x and CentOS
Stream 8.x.

-Joe