Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugene Batogov <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 13:09:02 UTC

I have a problem with maven-release-plugin !

Hello !
I  am trying  to use maven-release-plugin.

Our project is consist of 3 levels.

1. At top is SUPER-POM
2. At middle are pom files of subsystems, which have parent - SUPER-POM.
3. At  bottom ara pom files of components, which have parent - pom file
subsystem.

Our SUPER-POM file present base line of development.
But when I  am trying invoke: mvn release:prepare against subsystem  pom-file,
plugin ask about releasing SUPER-POM, then I type  required number of version
SUPER-POM. Plugin are resuming execution releasing.
BUT After execution mvn release:prepare, version SUPER-POM in parent tag of
subsystem POM remain prior ?!?

This is bug, or I something do wrong?
Thanks in advance.
--
Best Regards, Eugene Batogov a.k.a JohnBat26.
e-mail: JohnBat26@gmail.com

Re: I have a problem with maven-release-plugin !

Posted by Nicole Lacoste <ni...@gmail.com>.
We have a similar structure, we release the super-pom and the poms of the
subsystems always only have a released version of the parent.

Nicole