Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ramkumarmp <mp...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/17 12:21:26 UTC

How to use the existing Repository(created by JackRabbit 1.4) with JackRabbit 1.5.4

Hi,
    I am testing person, we have requirement to test our application
integrating with JackRabbit repository which is about 55GB in size.

    We have developed this hugesize repository some time back using the
JackRabbit version 1.4. Now the requirement is asking to use JackRabbit
1.5.4.  We are planning to use the copy of the JackRabbit folder into
another machine and configure with JackRabbit 1.5.4 version on Weblogic.

   Can some one help me out how I can do this?

Thanks & Regards,
RamkumarMP

Re: How to use the existing Repository(created by JackRabbit 1.4) with JackRabbit 1.5.4

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:21, ramkumarmp <mp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    We have developed this hugesize repository some time back using the
> JackRabbit version 1.4. Now the requirement is asking to use JackRabbit
> 1.5.4.  We are planning to use the copy of the JackRabbit folder into
> another machine and configure with JackRabbit 1.5.4 version on Weblogic.

Jackrabbit's minor versions (1.x) are meant to be backwards
compatible. So simply replacing the jackrabbit jar files with the
newer version while keeping the repository data and config should
work. But as always, test it on a copy of your production data first.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek