Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by chitrakala ramanujam <ne...@rediffmail.com> on 2007/03/01 10:00:39 UTC

Fetching File from FTP server

Hi All,

          Is there any services available in OFbiz ,How to Fetch the File from the FTP server and Save it into the Local System. If it is not, Could please help me to Fetch the file from FTP through OFBiz.

Thanks
Baga..

Re: Fetching File from FTP server

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
You found the ftp clientservices in FtpServices.java?
this allows you to get/put files from/to other sites.....

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
I was able to use this to FTP a file.
Took me a bit to understand how to call it.
I ended up pulling it into my hot-deploy, but now think it might of been
there available, but I was not calling correctly.
in controller I ended up using
    <request-map uri="putFtpFile">
        <security https="false" auth="false"/>
        <event type="service" invoke="ftpPutFile"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="ftpComplete"/>
        <response name="error" type="view" value="ftpSend"/>
    </request-map>
My send form need all the required attributes (or you get IN missing error).
I copied the service XML content from its original location.
I did not seem to be able to get my hot deploy app to see the ftpPutfile. I
tried using a location setting it where it was in common. i tried using
services.xml in my hot deploy. I guess I just dont understand it. I use
other services in other components, but this might of been my first java
one.
I implemented the mod suggested adding a port number, just in case.

-----
Joel Fradkin