Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinivas Kurella <Sr...@cosinecom.com> on 2001/04/06 20:00:47 UTC

Tomcat dies on it own ??

I have an application that is running on tomcat. I have observed that if i
bring up tomcat and leave it running without accessing the application for
sometime , tomcat dies on it's own. The only thing i see in the logs is the
following message about 5 or 6 times before it dies:

2001-04-05 04:39:49 - ContextManager: SocketException reading request,
ignored - java.net.SocketExce
ption: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:429)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:141)
        at
onnectionHand
ler.java:214)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

can anybody provide some clues ??
I am running tomcat 3.2.1 on solaris.
Thanks in advance

Srini