Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/05 13:46:23 UTC

Failed to resolve apache-karaf 2.2.4/2.2.2 features

Hello,

I am working on a project for one of my clients that uses Karaf. We
are looking for to build a customized distribution. I am
following the steps described in the Custom Distribution
(
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.2/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html
)
page but Maven fails to resolve one of the dependencies:

The dependencies section on my pom.xml file looks like this:

<properties>
        <karaf.version>2.2.4</karaf.version>
    </properties>

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
            <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.4</version>
            <type>tar.gz</type>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
            <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.4</version>
            <type>xml</type>
            <classifier>features</classifier>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

When trying to create the package I get:

Could not resolve dependencies for project
TTL:ttl-transaction-core:pom:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
org.apache.karaf:apache-karaf:xml:features:2.2.4

I also tried using version 2.2.2, as shown in the site, but it does
not work either. I searched throughout the documentation and the
mailing lists without finding any hint, as well.

Does anyone know where I can find that and/or which repository should
I use? I have a central Maven repository (pretty much the standard
Artifactory distribution with a few more repositories - such as
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo/) ...

Regards
--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: Failed to resolve apache-karaf 2.2.4/2.2.2 features

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the help. I managed to create a project by using:

<dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
                        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
                        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
                        <type>tar.gz</type>
                        <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>

                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features</groupId>
                        <artifactId>standard</artifactId>
                        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
                        <type>xml</type>
                        <classifier>features</classifier>
                        <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>

And:

<descriptor>mvn:org.apache.karaf.assemblies.features/enterprise/${karaf.version}/xml/features</descriptor>

<descriptor>mvn:org.apache.camel.karaf/apache-camel/2.6.0/xml/features</descriptor>

There are few more things that need to be updated on the docs so that
a user can create a custom Karaf distribution. I talked to the guys on
IRC and I plan to create a JIRA and send updates to the documentation
as soon as I finish the prototype I am working on.

Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Failed to resolve apache-karaf 2.2.4/2.2.2 features

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Otavio,