Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Gentilin <jo...@eyecatching.com> on 2000/12/03 09:32:53 UTC

Xalan 2.0 & SQL Extensions

I am currently looking into using the SQL Extensions of Xalan
for my current project. A feature that would seem to be really
useful would be to implement Prepared Statements where data
from the XML file can be used to augment the sql:query
statement.

I would like to implement a feature like this and also implement
a Connection Pooling scheme. Is there anyone looking into to
this already and/or does anyone have any feedback in regards
to either the Prepared Statement or the Connection Pool design ??

I read the guideline on how to participate in the Apache projects,
are there any specific rules for Xalan 2.0. i.e. Only use Java1
specific code, JDBC 2 ??

Also if anyone has any wish list items...

TIA
John Gentilin