Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Hubert Felber <Hu...@abacus.ch> on 2015/10/21 10:21:14 UTC

ClassCasstException on XMLOutputFactory.newInstance()

Hi,

XMLOutputFactory.newInstance()

Generates following ClassCastException

com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLOutputFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory

I tried to modify the FRAMEWORK_BOOTDELEGATION and
FRAMEWORK_SYSTEMPACKAGES_EXTRA  to solve this, but could not find a
solution.

Does anyone now how  I can solve this issue?

Thank you

Hubert

Re: ClassCasstException on XMLOutputFactory.newInstance()

Posted by Hubert Felber <Hu...@abacus.ch>.
Balázs

Thank you, I should definitely try this.

In the meantime I was able to solve the classcast.

My fault was that I put "com.sun.xml.internal.stream" to boot delegation instead of "java.xml.stream"

I will try the bundles, because of the
'javax.xml.stream' exposed via two dependency chains
message.

Thank you
Regards
Hubert

>>> Balázs Zsoldos<ba...@everit.biz> 21.10.2015 10:45 >>>
Hi,

There is a xmlcommons-full
<http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.everit.osgi.bundles%22%20AND%20a%3A%22org.everit.osgi.bundles.org.apache.xmlcommons.full%22>
bundle that contains all of the xml-apis API with their implementations.
The API classes are modified a bit to use the classloader of the bundle to
look for implementations.

I use this module normally instead of the classes coming from JDK. To be
sure that all XMLCommons classes are loaded from here, I always specify
system-packages (without javax.xml.* packages of course).

Regards,
*Balázs **Zsoldos*

Posted by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz>.
Hi,