Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mordred <mo...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/17 18:27:57 UTC

dependency not found

Hi,

I installed 1.0.2 today and played with it for the first time, but I'm
having trouble with dependency lookup.

If I specify the following in my project.xml :

<dependencies>
<groupId>spring</groupId>
<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
<version>1.0.2</version>
</dependencies>

<build>
<sourceDirectory>src/test/maven</sourceDirectory>
</build>

... I would expect Maven to :

1) look in my local repos first and pick up spring-1.0.2.jar (wich he
doesn't find despite it's there ->
"%local_repos%/spring/jars/spring-1.0.2.jar")

2) download the dependency and store it in the local repos (wich he
doesn't do either, yet it's there ->
"http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/spring/jars/spring-1.0.2.jar")

The result is a compile error, I tried with "maven site", "maven jar"
.. even using "maven.repo.remote.enabled=false" to enforce Maven to
pick up the local version, but nothing seems to help.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thx,

[! One questions !]

Posted by colaru <co...@setmobile.ro>.
THANKS!!!

Is a god ideea I think!!!

But remain one problem with the sigle point acces (...). And, why in JTA
group is no jar??? Is a very confusing thing.

Re: [!!!!!!!! Some questions (help me) !!!!!!!]

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Christian,

I think there is any easy answer for all of your questions - if the JARs
are not in the repository (for whatever reason)

+) just put it into your local repository
+) use your own webserver to serve as an additional remote repository

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

[!!!!!!!! Some questions (help me) !!!!!!!]

Re: dependency not found

Posted by colaru <co...@setmobile.ro>.
Hello!!!

A little question!!!

I translate my project from ANT to MAVEN and I find this problems.
[FIRST] In ibiblio repository, in JTA group is no .jar!!! Why. I nead this
jar for a spring dependency!!!
[SECOND] Where are opensynfony libraries? I use theyr profiller for example

Re: dependency not found

Posted by Mordred <mo...@gmail.com>.
It was indeed a paste .. and a stupid mistake !

That happens when you don't use the xsd and drink enough coffee in the
evening ;-)

Thx for helping out,

Re: Reactor ignores ignores and includes?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
correct. Multiproject is a simple wrapper around the reactor - you
should probably use only one or the other.

If you set maven.multiproject.includes/excludes to the property you
included, then attainGoal multiproject:clean, you should get the
result expected.

Posted by Rick Mangi <rm...@yahoo.com>.

Re: dependency not found

Posted by Randy Xu <r...@post.harvard.edu>.