Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roel Wagenaar <ro...@wagenaar.nu> on 2012/09/28 11:17:14 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Hi,

I am trying to get SSI working on my Apache2 server, I have been following this
guideline:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html

to the letter, and all I get is an error in apache2/error.log like this:

[Fri Sep 28 10:52:44 2012] [warn] [client 46.231.82.7] mod_include: Options
+Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Is this behaviour documented elswhere?

Is there a solution for this?

--
Roel Wagenaar,
Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter; http://linuxcounter.net/

Are we etched in stone, or just scratched in the sand?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Posted by Roel Wagenaar <ro...@wagenaar.nu>.
Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>     Roel shared his full config with me off-list, but lets keep the
>     replies on list, so that others with the same problem can benefit.
>
>     I think the issue is that you are not hitting the vhost you think you
>     are hitting. Can you put a CustomLog in the vhost you think this
>     should be going to, load the resource, and see if it appears in the
>     access log for that vhost.
>
>     I think it is hitting the vhost in sites-enabled/001-familie, and not
>     sites-enabled/999-default. It is non-obvious this is happening,
>     because they share the same DocumentRoot.
>
>     To fix this, you should fix your NameVirtualHost setting and
>     <VirtualHost> containers. If you are solely using name based virtual
>     hosting, you should have "NameVirtualHost *:80" (which is in the stock
>     config) and no NameVirtualHost <your_ip>:80. All your <VirtualHost>
>     containers should be <VirtualHost *:80> (matching the NameVirtualHost
>     directive).

Replacing all  <VirtualHost [ipaddress]:80> by <VirtualHost *:80> resulted in
sites-enabled/001-genea to always have precedence, thus all traffic redirected
to genea.

Cleaning up the config by removing the obsolete  dpkg-dist files and
consequently replacing all <VirtualHost *:80> statements by <VirtualHost
[ipaddress]:80> made it work, finally

Thanks for the quick reply.

--
Roel Wagenaar,
Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter; http://linuxcounter.net/

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW!

Re: [users@httpd] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Roel Wagenaar <ro...@wagenaar.nu> wrote:
> Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>     On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Roel Wagenaar <ro...@wagenaar.nu> wrote:
>>     > Hi,
>>     >
>>     > I am trying to get SSI working on my Apache2 server, I have been
> following this
>>     > guideline:
>>     >
>>     > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html
>>     >
>>     > to the letter
>>
>>     Can you share your configuration so we can validate this :)
>>
>>     Cheers
>>
>>     Tom

> Sure, httpd.conf and the virtual_server.conf attached, /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
> is untouched and left like the Debian installer put it.

Sigh - I don't use Debian. Am I supposed to guess the contents of this file?

Presumably - you don't mention any of this - you are requesting a file
that will be served from /data/web, that file has the executable bit
set, and there are no .htaccess files affecting that directory.

The error message says that the file is marked to be processed for
includes - so XBitHack is working - but that 'Includes' option is not
turned on. It is clearly turned on in your configuration - or the
parts you have shared - so logically, some part of the configuration
you are not showing is turning it back off again.

> No need to CC: me.

Just FYI, this comes from your mailer software requesting that you be
included in replies:

My mailer is simply respecting your instructions.

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Posted by Roel Wagenaar <ro...@wagenaar.nu>.
Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>     On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Roel Wagenaar <ro...@wagenaar.nu> wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I am trying to get SSI working on my Apache2 server, I have been
following this
>     > guideline:
>     >
>     > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html
>     >
>     > to the letter
>
>     Can you share your configuration so we can validate this :)
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Tom

Sure, httpd.conf and the virtual_server.conf attached, /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
is untouched and left like the Debian installer put it.

No need to CC: me.

--
Roel Wagenaar,
Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter; http://linuxcounter.net/

Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.