Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Antonio Guirado Puerta <an...@f-integra.org> on 2007/06/12 14:01:30 UTC

Caching results of hits to apply to several copies of same messages

Hello,

We are testing spamassassin 3.2.0 in a Linux Fedora box with QMAIL as
MTA. We would like to know if there is a module for caching the tests
results. We have seen than the same mail (identified always with the
same message-ID) is scanned multiples times (as many as RCPT TO command
are received). I think that this cache module that could work on memory
and store results during 5-10 min would allow reduce time processing.
Only general test (DNS, DCC, PYZOR ,etc... ) would be store in this
cache. Of course, the user preference should be applied to get the final
score but the results of the test (test hits) could be store. Any one
know if is it possible or are there a module similar?.

Thanks in advanced.

Antonio M. Guirado Puerta
Sistemas  de Información y Comunicaciones
Fundación Integra. http://www.f-integra.org

Teléfono: +34 968 355161
Fax:      +34 968 355131
Correo:   antonio.guirado@f-integra.org
Este mensaje y los posibles documentos adjuntos al mismo son confidenciales y
dirigidos exclusivamente a los destinatarios de los mismos. Si por un error
de transmisión, o equivocación en la dirección de envío, usted ha recibido
este mensaje y no es el destinatario de la información, por favor, notifíqueselo
al remitente y borre este mensaje, sin usar, informar, distribuir, imprimir, copiar
o difundir el mensaje, total o parcialmente, por ningún medio. Gracias.

Re: Caching results of hits to apply to several copies of same messages

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Antonio Guirado Puerta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are testing spamassassin 3.2.0 in a Linux Fedora box with QMAIL as
> MTA. We would like to know if there is a module for caching the tests
> results. We have seen than the same mail (identified always with the
> same message-ID) is scanned multiples times (as many as RCPT TO
> command are received). I think that this cache module that could work
> on memory and store results during 5-10 min would allow reduce time
> processing. Only general test (DNS, DCC, PYZOR ,etc... ) would be
> store in this cache. Of course, the user preference should be applied
> to get the final score but the results of the test (test hits) could
> be store. Any one know if is it possible or are there a module similar?.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
AFAIK, no such module exists in any generic way.

I know that MailScanner has its own result-cache database that works
somewhat like what you describe, but it doesn't apply individual
user_prefs and caches the entire SA result for the message.

As for the tests you want to cache, only DCC, PYZOR, etc would be
worthwhile. DNS is inherently self-caching if you've got a local DNS
server running.