Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2009/06/15 19:12:21 UTC

Defining the publication's default page

Hi,

By default, when the browser points to http://mypublication.com, the
publication search an "index.html" document.

I think it could be cool to let the publication's admin to define the
default page he wants.

There is possible to define the default page in the publication's
lenya.properties.xml file by doing this :
** publication sitemap.xmap : **
--- replace :
    <map:match pattern="**/">
        <map:redirect-to
uri="{proxy:/{page-envelope:publication-id}/{1}/index.html}"/>
      </map:match>
--- by :
 <map:match pattern="**/">
        <map:redirect-to
uri="{proxy:/{page-envelope:publication-id}/{1}/{properties:default.page.pub}}"/>
      </map:match>

** publication's lenya.properties.xml **
--- add in <properties>
<property name="default.page.pub" value="nameOfYourPage.html"/>

- The problem is that we have to restart the server to reload the
properties. There is a way to don't have to restart ?

- I says that there is a problem because I think that it can be cool to
offer an UI to admin user to let him to define the default page he wants...

WDYT ?

Regards

Re: Defining the publication's default page

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:33:02 -0500, Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>
wrote:
> Florent André wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> By default, when the browser points to http://mypublication.com, the
>> publication search an "index.html" document.
>>
>> I think it could be cool to let the publication's admin to define the
>> default page he wants.
>>
> So I'm confused as to why you would want your default page to be
> something other than index.html and still have a different index.html?
> That the general standard is to put your default page where the web
> server is going to direct your users by default.

Thanks for your answer,

In many other CMS, user can define the default page for the root domain
name (e.g. : http://mydomain.com)

This possibility is useful when we have a "change often" site.
For example, if I have a site about car, I would like that in February my
index page show the new Opel article, in March the index page show the new
BMW, ...

And I think it's not "cool" to have to copy/paste content each month or
rename articles to be "index.html".

So just have to define the default page with a property could be useful.

I hope to be clear,

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.