Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com> on 2015/04/30 01:06:36 UTC

FunctionConverter warnings

Is it normal to get warnings like the following?:

16:00:18.672 [main] WARN  org.apache.drill.exec.expr.fn.FunctionConverter - Failure while parsing function class:

}

org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: Line 52, Column 22: Java$BinaryOperation is not allowed as an expression statement. Expressions statements must be one of assignments, method invocations, or object allocations.
	at org.codehaus.janino.Java$Located.throwCompileException(Java.java:98) ~[janino-2.6.1.jar:2.6.1]

(What _seems_ to be line 52 in the dumped Java doesn't seem to something that
would cause an error like that.)

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies

Re: FunctionConverter warnings

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
This is coming out of the functions added for 2173. I hadn't noticed these
warnings when I was working on it, I wonder if my system was always using
the JDK compiler for some reason when registering them. I have filed a JIRA
to update the functions so they will not produce these warnings.

Posted by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com>.

--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies