Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Eagleye <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/09 14:27:01 UTC

Camel and PostgreSQL

How do I configure camel with PostgreSQL? Please let me know.

Re: Camel and PostgreSQL

Posted by Christian Mueller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Can you please subscribe to the discussion forum as we describe here [1].
Otherwise all your mails has to be moderate by the Camel team and is may
missed/delayed.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/discussion-forums.html

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Re: Camel and PostgreSQL

Posted by Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com>.
Does seem to be a strange question.

If you are just trying to access a postgresql database from within a camel
route, using for example the sql component, then you need to:

1.  setup a bean for the postgresql datasource, something like

<bean id="dhisdb"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
        <property name="driverClassName" value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/ddd"/>
        <property name="username" value="user"/>
        <property name="password" value="password"/>
    </bean>

2.  then you can execute sql as part of route, eg
<route>
            <description>select some rows</description>
            <from uri="direct:doPG" />
            <to  uri="sql:{{sql.selectOus}}?dataSourceRef=dhisdb"/>
</route>

(Note in this case the actual select query is defined externally in a
properties file)

Re: Camel and PostgreSQL

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.