Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/14 17:34:15 UTC

Re: Failed tests (Cache dbpediaDefaultdata Index is currently not active) during fresh "clean install" of r1156651

Hi Alex

There is no need to build your own index for testing/using Apache
Stanbol. A default index is provided within the launcher jar and
installed during the first start of Stanbol. Building indexes is an
advanced feature that is not required for setting up Stanbol but
typically used by users that want to customize existing indexes (e.g.
including more entities, additional languages ...) or to build there
own indexes (e.g. of a company thesaurus).

Based on the information you provided I think that there was an error
either (1) during the build of the
"org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia.default" bundle or during the
(2) startup Stanbol instance used for the integration test.

for (1) please check if the bundle located in

    {stanbol-root}/data/sites/dbpediadefault/org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia.default-1.0.1-incubating.jar

is about 17 MByte in size. If it is smaller than that something went
wrong while downloading the data for the default dbpedia index during
the build process. If this is the case you could try to

* delete data/sites/dbpediadefault/src/main/resources/org/apache/stanbol/data/site/dbpedia/default/index/dbpedia_43k.solrindex.zip
* rebuild this bundle by calling "mvn clean install" within
"stanbol-root}/data/sites/dbpediadefault/"

for looking into (2) it would be very helpful if you could provide the
log of the stanbol server used for the integration tests because the
errors you see in the console are mainly client side error messages
plus some WebApplication level server errors.

The file with the details loggings is located at

    {stanbol-root}/integration-tests/target/launchdir/sling/logs/error.log

I will have a look onto the logs if you can send them.

best
Rupert Westenthaler

Posted by Alex Lopez <al...@flordeutopia.pt>.

Em 29-08-2011 16:43, Fabian Christ escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I just had a problem with tests when re-running integration tests
> without a 'mvn clean' before. Maybe this is the reason for this
> failure.

The tests did fail first time after checkout when I did "mvn clean install".
Tomorrow if I have time I'll try to reproduce this and send more
detailed logs as suggested by Rupert.

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: Failed tests (Cache dbpediaDefaultdata Index is currently not active) during fresh "clean install" of r1156651

Posted by Alex Lopez <al...@flordeutopia.pt>.
> Hi
>
> First, sorry for the late respond, but I was a vacation the last 4 weeks.
>
> The log you provided is really strange and even after spending some
> time analyzing it I can only tell how the initialization failed but
> not why.
>

> The tests failed because the local cache of dbpedia.org was not
> initialized. This local cache consists of a dataset of 43k entities
> and a set of 4 OSGI service configurations. All such files are
> provided by the "org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia.default"
> bundle. As far as I can tell all configurations where present and even
> loaded successfully. However somehow the OSGI service configuration
> where not parsed to the ConfigAdmin Service and therefore the required
> OSGI services where never activated.
> OSGI service configuration are processed by the Sling Installer
> framework (more precisely [2] module) and as far as I know this is the
> first time that there occurred a problem while installing such
> resources.
>
> If you (or someone else) is able to reproduce this. It would be very
> helpful to start Stanbol with DEBUG level logging and send the log.

I tried to reproduce this behavior doing checkout of same revision and a
"mvn clean install", this time all went OK.

Then I tried yet again (this time with a running tomcat on 8080), and
after some unrelated errors (jwnl-1.3.3 was not found... this is most
probably a network problem) integration tests run OK.

Then I deleted all artifacts under org.apache.stanbol in the local repo
and did a "mvn clean install" again... all OK.

So I have been unable to reproduce this, I will report back if I see any
strange behavior but it looks now like everything is running fine :)

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Alex Lopez <al...@flordeutopia.pt>.