Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by ka...@wipro.com on 2011/12/12 15:16:22 UTC

Xalan Tranformation Running Slow after about 5K Transformations

Hi all,

My java application (running in "Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build
14.0-b16, mixed mode)" on Sun Netra T5440) using Xalan transforms
thousands of XML files (uses 16 Threads). After it transforms about 5000
XML files, it becomes slow and it starts transforming very slowly and it
takes 2mins for some transformation (where the first transformation of
similar XML with same XSLT ran in just 2 secs). One of the Thread Dump
is as follows

java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED

          at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:426)

          - waiting to lock <85094f> (a java.util.Vector) owned by
"AggregatorThreadPoolThreadPool-Thread-1" t@17

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemTemplateElement.executeNSDecls(ElemTempla
teElement.java:1182)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemTemplateElement.executeNSDecls(ElemTempla
teElement.java:1159)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.j
ava:1318)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Trans
formerImpl.java:2411)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.j
ava:1374)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEac
h.java:423)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java:263)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Trans
formerImpl.java:2411)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.j
ava:1374)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Trans
formerImpl.java:2411)

          at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.j
ava:1374)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Trans
formerImpl.java:2411)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Transfo
rmerImpl.java:2281)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerIm
pl.java:1367)

          - locked <4a1e3a> (a org.apache.xml.serializer.ToXMLStream)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.j
ava:709)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.j
ava:1284)

          - locked <24f1ed> (a java.lang.Boolean)

          at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.j
ava:1262)

I couldn't find any bug other than 2336 and 2344 that talks about
Vector. Please share any info, by which I can achieve consistent
performance.

Thanks in advance,

With regards,

R Kaja Mohideen

www.wipro.com

RE: Xalan Tranformation Running Slow after about 5K Transformations

Posted by ka...@wipro.com.
What do you mean by releasing cached information?

I have only javax.xml.transform.Templates cached and the newTransformers
are created in method scope of threads and those references are not
maintained anywhere.

Ok.. I forgot to add one important information. My application was
running smoothly for any number of transformations without any issues
previously. I'm facing this issue only after I have included EHCache
library in my application to store the XSLT output. Have any idea where
these two conflicts?

With regards,

R Kaja Mohideen

Posted by Jeff Greif <je...@gmail.com>.