Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Andrei Sekretenko <as...@apache.org> on 2020/11/17 14:53:20 UTC

Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.11.0 (rc1)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 1.11.0.

1.11.0 includes the following:
  * CSI external volumes support: now, Mesos Containerizer supports using
    pre-provisioned external CSI storage volumes by means of the new
`volume/csi`
    isolator. Also, the latter significantly extends the range of
compatible 3rd party
   CSI plugins compared to the previous SLRP-based solution
(MESOS-10141).

  * Constraints-based offer filtering: the Scheduler API adds an
interface allowing
    frameworks to put constraints  on agent attributes in resource
offers to help "picky"
    frameworks significantly reduce scheduling latency when close to
being out of quota
    (MESOS-10161).

  * CMake build becomes usable for deploying in production (MESOS-898).

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=1.11.0-rc1

The candidate for Mesos 1.11.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.11.0-rc1/mesos-1.11.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 1.11.0-rc1:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=1.11.0-rc1

The SHA512 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.11.0-rc1/mesos-1.11.0.tar.gz.sha512

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/1.11.0-rc1/mesos-1.11.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1260

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 1.11.0!

The vote is open until 2020 Nov 20th 15:00 UTC at least, and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 1.11.0

Andrei Sekretenko

Re: Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 1.11.0 (rc1)

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

We have this version running in an internal cluster without any issues.

Posted by haja gecko <ha...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Andrei Sekretenko <as...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding).
Built, ran tests and benchmarked on Ubuntu 18.05 with gcc 7.5.0 (also built and ran binaries/tests with clang 12.0.0).

Regards,
Andrei Sekretenko

Posted by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1