Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Bill de hOra <bi...@dehora.net> on 2010/05/27 15:27:49 UTC

Remove and BytesType

Saw some behaviour today on Cassandra 0.6.1 -

After running a remove command on a row in a CF whose CompareWith was
BytesType the row was still there, and still there after bouncing the
server. This was the case for hector/cli. When I changed the CompareWith
to UTF8Type, new rows added could be removed (old rows wouldn't delete).

Was wondering if anyone else had seen this.

Bill

Re: Remove and BytesType

Posted by Bill de hOra <bi...@dehora.net>.
 > More likely data in that row was created with a
 > higher-res timestamp than the delete was issued at.

Indeed - the problem was nanos v millis with a bit of clock skew thrown
in :)

Bill

Re: Remove and BytesType

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Remove and BytesType

Posted by Philip Stanhope <ps...@wimba.com>.
Could you clarify what you mean by "remove command"? Remove all columns leaving a row key?

Did you use nodetool to force a flush and then compact after GCGraceSeconds?