Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Laxmi Narayan <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/31 05:51:59 UTC

how to listen each partition with separate threads ?

Hi ,

I was thinking to listen each partition with separate thread in Kafka.
But i get error saying :

*org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer@383ad023KafkaConsumer is
not safe for multi-threaded accessSubscription to topics, partitions and
pattern are mutually exclusive.*​

 Is there any way to achieve this ?

*​​*
Keep learning keep moving .....

Re: how to listen each partition with separate threads ?

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
That sounds a lot -- even if brokers can handle quite some load. How
many brokers do you got?

Main question: why do you need a consumer per partition? If you
processing super expensive such that one consumer cannot handle multiple
partitions?

-Matthias

Posted by Laxmi Narayan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,