Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Nilesh Gokhale <ni...@fast.fujitsu.com.au> on 2001/06/08 05:53:07 UTC

Problem in the characters(char[], int, int) call

Re: Problem in the characters(char[], int, int) call

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Nilesh,

It is not a limitation. Read SAX documentation
(DocumentHandler.characters(char[], int, int):
"* <p>The Parser will call this method to report each chunk of
     * character data.  SAX parsers may return all contiguous character
     * data in a single chunk, or they may split it into several
     * chunks; however, all of the characters in any single event
     * must come from the same external entity, so that the Locator
     * provides useful information.</p>
"

Elena