Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Gayathri Swaminathan <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/16 14:23:20 UTC

Re: Test was unexpected at this time - more info

Hi,

Please find attached the build.xml file that was used.

The xml does not seem to have a (syntax) problem, as it works fine with IE web browser.

I have the set the environment variables as below:

PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Padhu\jdk\bin;C:\Padhu\Tomcat\apache-ant-1.6.0\bin;

ANT_HOME = C:\Padhu\Tomcat\apache-ant-1.6.0;

JAVA_HOME = C:\Padhu\jdk

Please let me know, if you need any other details.

Thanks,
Padhu..

Antoine_L�vy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> wrote:
Gayathri Swaminathan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am new to ant..
>
>I have just installed tomcat and ant in my pc.
>
>When I try to build a simple web appln, with ant, I get this error:
>
>"Test was unexpected at this time"
>
>Please guide me out of this error.
>
>Thanks.

Can you post a sample of your ant build file ?
And also give us more output than just "Test was unexpected at this time"
Also, this error message "test was unexpected at this time" sounds more
like an error message of a shell interpreter than from ant.
To help us sort out shell environment problems, tell us which operating
system you are using, how JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME and PATH are set.

Or maybe your xml file does not have a good form (elements are not
closed, ...) ?
You can check the well-formedness of your build.xml by loading it into
your web browser. If it is not well formed, an error message will appear.

Antoine