Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu> on 2017/04/14 14:48:03 UTC

cTAKES as a dependency

Hello,

Has anybody tried to run a cTAKES pipeline without having a local cTAKES installation? In other words, is it possible to set up a maven project that will use cTAKES as an external dependency?

Dima

Re: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu>.
Sean, this is very helpful, thanks!

Will give it a try.

Dima

RE: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Huh, that is a bit odd.  That sandbox module worked when I made it.  Obviously something else needs to be changed/fixed.

Ok, sorry for the misdirect, you can stop running down that road.  I chatted with James a little earlier and he was making great progress with the whole lvg update.  We may trade back and forth with a fix on that this weekend.  All in all, that is the root of the problem, so that is our immediate focus.

So glad that James is back in the ctakes family ...

Three cheers for Guergana wrt his recruitment ...

Hopefully once we get the root of this problem (the old lvg module) under control we can move forward and make that crayola pack of ctakes pretty.

Sean

Posted by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu>.

RE: cTAKES as a dependency

Re: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu>.
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the pointers.

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

RE: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Sally,

Many thanks.  As far as I know our pmc has no formal process for adding 3rd party mentions no the website.  So I just wrote a howbout email to the @private and we shall see what happens.  If we already do have some process then I'm sure that one of them will let me know.

You have been a great help!
Sean

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks so much, Guergana, and hello, everyone.

Yes, by all means --we encourage users of Apache projects to be added to
their "Used/Powered By" lists and use the "Powered By" logo as well.

There is no formal vetting process by ASF Marketing & Publicity; it's
actually up to each Apache project to decide how to best maintain their
user lists.

So back to you, Guergana: however the PMC updates their site content,
feel free to go ahead. Some projects have a specific process for site
updates (and assigned individuals with editing credentials), so I'd
start with the PMC to see how this can be done.

Warmest regards,
Sally

- - -

RE: cTAKES as a dependency

Re: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by Kean Kaufmann <ke...@recordsone.com>.

> On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Finan, Sean <
> Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

Hey Kean,

> It is great to know that your project is out there!

Hey Sean!  Very kind of you.  Speaking of which, our BizDevVeep would like
to see RecordsOne listed under "Companies" on the "Users of cTAKES" page:
http://ctakes.apache.org/usedby.html . Who should I ask about that?

Many thanks...

RE: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hey Kean,

It is great to know that your project is out there!

Cheers,
Sean

Posted by Kean Kaufmann <ke...@recordsone.com>.
Sorry to be late to the thread!

Dima asks:

is it possible to set up a maven project that will use cTAKES as an
> external dependency?

Sean answers:

https://libraries.io/github/acstevens/ctakes-standalone-application

RE: cTAKES as a dependency

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Prior to 4.0 there was a problem with some dependencies not being in maven
- there were in local lib directory instead. Those dependencies were
removed for 4.0 and there are no "system" dependencies in 4.0

I haven't tested it yet, but if you are using the fast dictionary
lookup, setting
up a maven project that will use cTAKES as an external dependency should
work for 4.0.0 rc2.

For rc2, I noticed some poms for the original dictionary lookup had not
been updated yet, and the original dictionary won't run using maven
dependencies for rc2 because the resources it points to are using hsqldb
1.8. This morning I made a change to some POMs that will be needed for
using the original dictionary lookup.  And those resources need to be
pushed to maven central.

The system dependencies needed prior to 4.0 are
<dependency>
<groupId>org.mitre.medfacts</groupId>
<artifactId>medfacts-i2b2</artifactId>
<version>1.2</version>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>
${project.basedir}/lib/med-facts-i2b2-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
</systemPath>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.mitre.medfacts</groupId>
<artifactId>medfacts-zoner</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>${project.basedir}/lib/med-facts-zoner-1.1.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.mitre.jcarafe.core</groupId>
<artifactId>jcarafe.core</artifactId>
<version>2.9.1</version>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>
${project.basedir}/lib/jcarafe-core_2.9.1-0.9.8.3.RC4.jar
</systemPath>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.mitre.jcarafe.ext</groupId>
<artifactId>jcarafe.ext</artifactId>
<version>2.9.1</version>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>
${project.basedir}/lib/jcarafe-ext_2.9.1-0.9.8.3.RC4.jar
</systemPath>
</dependency>

That was taken from:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.2.2-rc2/ctakes-assertion/pom.xml