Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2008/05/16 13:44:40 UTC

Non-retrotranslated maven-artifact 3.0?

Hi folks, can we change the maven-artifact 3.0 bits to _attach_
instead of _replace_ when retrotranslating?  I'm consuming 3.0 for
GShell, which already requires Java 5, so the retrotranslation just
tacks on ~600k of stuff that I don't really need.

I'd like to just use the pure Java5 version, and when using attach,
the retrotranslator-m-p will create a translated jar with a jdk14
classifier in addition to the untranslated artifact.

Please?

--jason

Re: Non-retrotranslated maven-artifact 3.0?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
+1

We allready discussed to make maven 2.1 require java5, sot it's dependencies
should also use java5. maven 2.0.x branch could then use retrotranslated
versions.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Did you commit this to svn, I don't see any changes...

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
BTW, the new maven-artifact api kicks ass, so much easier to use
IMO... :-)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
I've removed the retrotranslation from maven-artifact and deployed a
snapshot so give that a whirl.

On 16-May-08, at 4:44 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Hi folks, can we change the maven-artifact 3.0 bits to _attach_
> instead of _replace_ when retrotranslating?  I'm consuming 3.0 for
> GShell, which already requires Java 5, so the retrotranslation just
> tacks on ~600k of stuff that I don't really need.
>
> I'd like to just use the pure Java5 version, and when using attach,
> the retrotranslator-m-p will create a translated jar with a jdk14
> classifier in addition to the untranslated artifact.
>
> Please?
>
> --jason

Jason

Jason van Zyl