Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Jose Augusto Diaz Noriega <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 05:09:45 UTC

Correlation

Hi everyone,

How correlation should be used? I mean, who should define the
correlation set, the initiator(client) or the follower (server), for
example who define the property an property alias? and who define the
correlation set?

Thanks in advance

Re: Correlation

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

that basically depends on your scenario. BPEL correlations are based on
data values, that can be used to uniquely identify the process instance.
So, typically such identifiers are part of the contract between service
consumer and service provider, however, it is of course the BPEL engine
that needs to understand the correlation set definition, that's why the
correlation set is part of the process. The correlation set in turn uses
references to properties. Such properties should be part of the WSDL of
the service that uses/provides the related data types. Often it is the
case, that you depend on WSDLs without BPEL property definitions, in
this case you may want to create a new WSDL, import the original WSDL
and add only properties to that file. Then you can reference them in BPEL.

HTH a bit,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de