Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ahmed baseet <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/29 08:13:41 UTC

Addition of new field to Solr schema.xml not getting reflected properly

Hi All,
I'm trying to add a new field to Solr, so I stopped the tomcat[I'm working
on Windows] using the "Configure Tomcat" menu of Tomcat, then added the
following field
<field name="pageContent" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
After restarting Tomcat, I couldn't see the changes, so I did the restart
couple of times, and then the schema showed me the changes. Now I tried to
change the type to
"text" from the current "string". I did that and restarted tomcat many times
but the changes are still not getting reflected. I've used Solr1.2 earlier
on linux, and every time I just had to touch the web.xml in webapp directory
thereby forcing tomcat to restart itself for changes in schema.xml to take
effect, but in windows I'm not able to figure out whats the issue. Is there
anything wrong, I'm I supposed to restart tomcat in some other way instead
of using the "Configure tomcat" menu. Has anyone faced similar issues with
solr1.3 on windows? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ahmed.

Re: Addition of new field to Solr schema.xml not getting reflected properly

Posted by ahmed baseet <ah...@gmail.com>.
I added some new documents,  and for these docs I can use the new field,
right? Though to reflect the changes for all docs I need to delete the old
index and build a new one.
As I mentioned earlier after a couple of restarts its worked. Still don't
know whats the issue. :-)

Thanks,
Ahmed.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.