Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ryan H." <wa...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/25 22:31:19 UTC

Clover 2 plug-in on Maven 2.0.9

Folks,

I just found that Maven 2.0.9 does not work with the existing Clover 2
maven 2 plug-in (group ID: com.atlassian.maven.plugins) if you are
using some of maven 2 properties specifying project directories such
as ${project.build.directory} etc.

You can use maven's antrun plug-in to echo out this property under Maven
2.0.7 and 2.0.9 when running "clover:instrument" goal. Under Maven
2.0.7, ${project.build.directory} prints:

   c:\mytest\myproject\target/clover

Whereas Maven 2.0.9 prints:

   c:\mytest\myproject\target

Has anyone used Clover 2 plug-in on Maven 2.0.9 successfully? Is it a
bug in Maven 2.0.9 or Clover 2 plugin?

Thanks

RE: Clover 2 plug-in on Maven 2.0.9

Posted by nick pellow <np...@atlassian.com>.
Hi Brian,

I raised this JIRA regarding the issue you are seeing:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3530 .

Clover uses a forked lifecycle, and sets the oputput directory and the work
directory to target/clover/ .
See the source here:
http://svn.atlassian.com/fisheye/browse/public/contrib/clover/maven-clover-plugin/trunk/src/main/java/com/atlassian/maven/plugin/clover/CloverInstrumentInternalMojo.java?r=17316#l199
.

Since 2.0.9, Maven resolves all properties before the lifecycle is forked,
as can be seen in the sample project I attached to the above JIRA. This
means that by the time the Clover plugin sees the properties, they can no
longer be resolved relative to the clover directory.

Is this really expected behaviour in Maven 2.0.9?

I would think that any plugin which uses a forked lifecycle would be
affected in the same way.

Cheers,
Nick Pellow
Clover Tech Lead.