Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com> on 2006/07/21 23:57:04 UTC

[axis2] (easy) questions...

Hi,

I have a couple of easy questions for you. ;-)

(1) session scope

I know how to enable a service for scope=session, but how is the actual goal achieved.  In other words how does Axis2 keep session affinity among services and their many clients?  Are clients expected to participate (be aware of session semantics)?  Do clients need to pass a session context id of some sort?  Just wandering how this process works.

(2) setting output http headers...

For instance if I want to set Connection : close

		options.setProperty(
				HTTPConstants.HEADER_CONNECTION,
				HTTPConstants.HEADER_CONNECTION_CLOSE);
                        ServiceClient serviceClient = new ServiceClient();
                        serviceClient.setOptions(axisOptions);

                        serviceClient.sendReceive(payload);

This should work right?  I watched what was sent over the wire with an HTTP tracer and this header was not added like I expected.

Thanks for insight into these questions.

-Tony

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704