Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Crescioli, Phil" <Ph...@gd-ais.com> on 2005/06/28 21:40:01 UTC

Linux RedHat 9.0

All,
I'm a new log4cxx user.
I noticed on the apache web site the log4cxx version 0.9.7 I have is
buggy with
respect to log4cxx initialization and I'm having probs and would
appreciate
any feedback on if my prob is a bug or me doing something wrong.

My env is: RHLinux9.0, with log4j.properties in the
same dir as my exe that has hooks to log4cxx.

When I run my exe I get the following error:

Could not instantiate class [org.apache.log4j.FileAppender]
Class 'org.apache.log4j.FileAppender' not found

Is this saying my liblog4cxx.a library I'm linking to my exe does
not contain a needed class?  If so, how do I rebuild liblog4cxx.a
so it see's the needed class?

Is this just a log4.properties config error on my part?
Any help is appreciated.

Phil