Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sadheera Vithanage <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/19 22:21:06 UTC

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 50001/50000 ms

Hi Experts,

I have a solr cloud node (Just 1 node for now with a zookeeper running on
the same machine) running on ubuntu and It has been running without issues
for a while.

This morning I noticed below error in the error log.

*2017-02-19 20:27:54.724 ERROR (qtp97730845-4968) [   ]
o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall null:java.io.IOException:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 50001/50000 ms*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.SharedBlockingCallback$Blocker.block(SharedBlockingCallback.java:226)*
* at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:164)*
* at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:530)*
* at
org.apache.commons.io.output.ProxyOutputStream.write(ProxyOutputStream.java:55)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriterUtil$1.write(QueryResponseWriterUtil.java:54)*
* at java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:116)*
* at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:221)*
* at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(StreamEncoder.java:282)*
* at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:125)*
* at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:207)*
* at org.apache.solr.util.FastWriter.flush(FastWriter.java:140)*
* at org.apache.solr.util.FastWriter.write(FastWriter.java:54)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeStr(JSONResponseWriter.java:454)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.TextResponseWriter.writeVal(TextResponseWriter.java:128)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeSolrDocument(JSONResponseWriter.java:346)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.TextResponseWriter.writeSolrDocumentList(TextResponseWriter.java:239)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.TextResponseWriter.writeVal(TextResponseWriter.java:163)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeNamedListAsMapWithDups(JSONResponseWriter.java:184)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeNamedList(JSONResponseWriter.java:300)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeResponse(JSONResponseWriter.java:96)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.JSONResponseWriter.write(JSONResponseWriter.java:55)*
* at
org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriterUtil.writeQueryResponse(QueryResponseWriterUtil.java:65)*
* at
org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.writeResponse(HttpSolrCall.java:728)*
* at
org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.handleAdminRequest(HttpSolrCall.java:667)*
* at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:441)*
* at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:303)*
* at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:254)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1668)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:581)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:213)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:119)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)*
* at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)*
* at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)*
* at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)*
* at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)*
*Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired:
50001/50000 ms*
* at
org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout.checkIdleTimeout(IdleTimeout.java:166)*
* at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout$1.run(IdleTimeout.java:50)*
* at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)*
* at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)*
* at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)*
* at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)*
* at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)*
* at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)*
* ... 1 more*

It has been there for 3 minutes and nothing after that.

Any Clue?

--
Regards

Sadheera Vithanage

Re: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 50001/50000 ms

Posted by Sadheera Vithanage <sa...@gmail.com>.
Cool, Thank you very much Erick and Walter.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sadheera Vithanage <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.