Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by christianv <ch...@standardbank.co.za> on 2016/05/24 09:47:29 UTC

NIFI & IBM MQ

Hi,

I am in need of help I am trying to use GetJMSQueue to connect to an IBM MQ
Queue and I need an example of the property setting I am unable to compile
the UTI.

Kind Regards

Re: NIFI & IBM MQ

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Ok, seems like this list doesn’t like images (at least for me), so here is text version of what was in them

Processor (required properties):
- Destination Name: <topic or queue name> (e.g., queue://MYQUEUE)
- Destination Type: QUEUE or TOPIC
- Session Cache size: 1 (read its doc for more details)
- Connection Factory service: <the name of the controller service for CF> (e.g., IBMMQ)

Controller Service (e.g., IBMMQ)
- MQ Connection Factory Implementation: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory
- MQ Client Libraries path: <path to client JARs from UBM>
- Broker URI: <uri to MQ broker> (e.g., foo.bar:1234)
Then you would have to configure IBM specific properties as Dynamic Properties:
- channel: <name of the channel> (e.g., SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN)
- queueManeger: <name of queue managere> (e.g., FOO)
- transportType: <identifier of the transport type> (make sure you put '1' as a value which states that TCP/IP will be used)

You can get more from IBM docs for additional properties which could all be provided as dynamic properties

Cheers
Oleg

On May 25, 2016, at 9:41 AM, Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Christian

I’d suggest to look at the additional documentation of this new component as it provides some level of details, but it would be interesting to get your feedback as to what do you think is missing/confusing.

In any event, here are some details. You need to configure ControllerService for JMS Connection Factory and Consume and/or PublishJMS processor
Attached are the images showing sample configuration.
Obviously the Destination names, URIs etc would have to be changed to fit your environment.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers
Oleg

On May 25, 2016, at 4:09 AM, christianv <ch...@standardbank.co.za>> wrote:

Tried it which class do I use from IBM ie com.ibm.... for the setting
JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Re: NIFI & IBM MQ

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Christian

[cid:D06FA6EF-6C92-4B1F-89F9-98437CDDC029@domain.invalid][cid:2FB4D9E7-9763-4155-861E-ED6226FAAD1A@domain.invalid]

Re: NIFI & IBM MQ

Posted by christianv <ch...@standardbank.co.za>.

Re: NIFI & IBM MQ

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Christian

Get/PutJMS* processors are effectively deprecated since they only work with ActiveMQ.
The new processors that you should use that were specifically developed to support multiple JMS providers (tested with IBM MQ, Tibco and ActiveMQ) are PublishJMS and ConsumeJMS.

Give it a try and let us know if you need more help.
Cheers
Oleg