Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/03/17 14:07:17 UTC

List of block samples is not sorted

Hi,

it seems that the latest CVS does not sort the list of the block
samples in alphabetic order. This now looks a little bit confusing.
Any idea how to fix this?

Carsten

RE: List of block samples is not sorted

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler <at> s-und-n.de> writes:
>
> > > The patches are applied in order of the dependencies of
> the blocks.
> > > A side effect of the last change.
> > >
> > But it worked til yesterday so something must have changed.
>
> Stephan has reverted the change of handling the dependencies
> inside XConfToolTask

And it did work before :)

Perhaps it's easier/better to sort the samples during pipeline
execution? This will always work.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler <at> s-und-n.de> writes:

> > The patches are applied in order of the dependencies of the
> > blocks. A side effect of the last change.
> >
> But it worked til yesterday so something must have changed.

Stephan has reverted the change of handling the dependencies inside XConfToolTask

Joerg

RE: List of block samples is not sorted

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Mi, den 17.03.2004 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler um 14:07:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that the latest CVS does not sort the list of the block
> samples in alphabetic order. This now looks a little bit confusing.
> Any idea how to fix this?

The patches are applied in order of the dependencies of the blocks. A
side effect of the last change.

Stephan.

RE: List of block samples is not sorted

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Yes.

> Do you also have the problem after a clean build? I have the
> impression that if you add some blocks from blocks.properties
> and rebuild, the new blocks come at the end.

Yes, I just tried a clean build and that failed.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
écrit :

> it seems that the latest CVS does not sort the list of the block
> samples in alphabetic order. This now looks a little bit confusing.
> Any idea how to fix this?

On the HTML "blocks with samples" page you mean?

Do you also have the problem after a clean build? I have the impression
that if you add some blocks from blocks.properties and rebuild, the new
blocks come at the end.

-Bertrand