Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torben Norling <to...@mind.se> on 2001/02/01 08:39:47 UTC

RE: Struts on WebSphere

Hi Andreas,
We use Websphere 3.5.2 on NT and it works ok for us.
There are no "Struts-specific" issues that I know about except for Websphere
being the product it is...

If you plan on using Struts with Websphere on Linux the issue is that there
is no WAS fixpack 2 for linux, this means there is no Servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1
support that is required for using Struts 1.0. WAS Fixpack 3 should fix this
in mid februari.

We have at some point got into problems with reading the struts-config file
but in the end it always turn out to be the ****ing classloader(s) in
websphere that caused the problem...

Sorry, but I'm not to impressed with Websphere.

If you have an option to choose another appserver I would strongly recommend
that.

// Torben