Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/31 14:15:31 UTC

Visibility Next/Previous button in Wizard

Hi Carlos,

We are using Wizard in our application and I wanted to improve some view. I
have noticed that buttons  previous/next - can be hidden, but still taking
place in the UI when they were hidden.

I think it should be used display: none here [1] - Did you use visibility
here for some reason?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2d23245729c7ec550661338a46188a34c267e848/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/views/WizardView.as#L310

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Visibility Next/Previous button in Wizard

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

yes. I did that component for our first migration, and I started removing
it, but the problem was that was causing issues in the content layout, and
even sometimes made changes that causes confusion to users, so I found the
best solution was just to make it visible or not while maintain its place
holder, so the content keep its layout intact.

But this is a good case to extend that code and swap for a custom bead that
instead play with visibility make it disappear at all.
Although maybe you could find that way the same issues I had.

If you get a good behaviour, maybe would be good to add that extension
variation to jewel.

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Visibility Next/Previous button in Wizard

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.