Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Laurent Blume <la...@infores.com> on 2003/01/09 11:13:02 UTC

[users@httpd] [Fwd: Re: BUG mod_ldap w/ Active Directory: "user is not unique"]

This is a problem I found when using mod_ldap on Apache 2.0.43 to
authenticate against an AD server.
I had a bit incorrectly posted it to the mod_ldap mailing list, which is
more adapted to the mod_ldap for Apache 1.x.

I'm still looking for a definitive fix, I haven't had time to work on it
much since I'm currently more concerned with my 64 bits compilation problem.

Laurent

Re: [users@httpd] [Fwd: Re: BUG mod_ldap w/ Active Directory: "user is not unique"]

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Laurent Blume wrote:

> Rich Bowen wrote:
> > I would suggest that the mod_ldap list is in fact the more appropriate
> > place to post about mod_ldap, as it is not an Apache project. However,
> > maybe someone here knows about it.
>
> It has been suggested there that the Apache users list would be the more
> appropriate :-)
>
> Since then, I actually compared the source, and the mod_ldap included in
> Apache 2 is indeed quite different from the mod_ldap for Apache 1.
>
> I might end crossposting on both lists (so as to get flamed on both
> sides ;-)

Sorry, I've retracted my comment. It was pre-coffee, and I was not
thinking clearly. mod_ldap *is* a standard part of the 2.0 distribution,
it *is* an official Apache project, and it is a completely different
beast than any mod_ldap you might have for Apache 1.3 (there are several
of them out there.)

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@apache.org
http://www.coopermcgregor.com/training/

Re: [users@httpd] [Fwd: Re: BUG mod_ldap w/ Active Directory: "user is not unique"]

Posted by Laurent Blume <la...@infores.com>.

--
   IRI-Secodip                  www.infores.com
   4, rue André Derain          mailto:laurent.blume@infores.com

Re: [users@httpd] [Fwd: Re: BUG mod_ldap w/ Active Directory: "user is not unique"]

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Laurent Blume wrote:
>
> > This is a problem I found when using mod_ldap on Apache 2.0.43 to
> > authenticate against an AD server.
> > I had a bit incorrectly posted it to the mod_ldap mailing list, which is
> > more adapted to the mod_ldap for Apache 1.x.
>
> I would suggest that the mod_ldap list is in fact the more appropriate
> place to post about mod_ldap, as it is not an Apache project. However,
> maybe someone here knows about it.

I'm sorry, this is not true at all. I should know better than to post to
a mailing list right after I get up in the morning. Of course, mod_ldap
*is* a standard part of the 2.0 distribution, whereas the 1.0 mod_ldap
was a third-party thing.

--
Rich Bowen
Apache - mod_perl - Perl - CGI