Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Didier Frick <df...@dial.eunet.ch> on 2000/04/23 12:11:10 UTC

Cache problem

Hi,
I'm currently using a two-stage XSL transformation, with one XSL stylesheet
including a link to another stylesheet and a cocoon processing instruction
in its XML output.

It works, but I'm having a problem with the cache. Suppose the processing
goes like this:

Producer -> XSL (stylesheet A.xsl) -> XSL (stylesheet B.xsl) -> HTML

Now, if I change stylesheet A the cache notices that it has changed and
regenerates the page. But if I change stylesheet B.xsl, the old cached
version is served.

After going through the code, I can't understand how it is the case,
since the XSL processor should appear twice in the page changeables,
once with stylesheet A as a dependency, and once with stylesheet B.

I did an strace on the process and verified that it indeeds checks
the last modification date for file A.xsl, but not for B.xsl.

Can anyone relate to this ?

TIA,

		Didier

--
Didier Frick
Freelance Software Developer & Consultant

Re: Cache problem

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Didier Frick wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm currently using a two-stage XSL transformation, with one XSL stylesheet
> including a link to another stylesheet and a cocoon processing instruction
> in its XML output.
>
> It works, but I'm having a problem with the cache. Suppose the processing
> goes like this:
>
> Producer -> XSL (stylesheet A.xsl) -> XSL (stylesheet B.xsl) -> HTML
>
> Now, if I change stylesheet A the cache notices that it has changed and
> regenerates the page. But if I change stylesheet B.xsl, the old cached
> version is served.
>
> After going through the code, I can't understand how it is the case,
> since the XSL processor should appear twice in the page changeables,
> once with stylesheet A as a dependency, and once with stylesheet B.
>
> I did an strace on the process and verified that it indeeds checks
> the last modification date for file A.xsl, but not for B.xsl.
>
> Can anyone relate to this ?

This is fixed in Cocoon 1.7.3-dev

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.