Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/21 07:22:41 UTC

release possibilities

Hi All:

Since we have a nice stack of changes already, I would like for us to
consider the following:

Release 2.6 without the new flow tracing APIs and without the new low/no-GC
code (ByteBufferDestination and all).

Then we can make the next release have two themes: flow tracing and no/low
GC.

This would avoid too big a 2.6 release in relation to 2.5.

Thoughts?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com