Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2022/06/12 19:03:27 UTC

Web site and documentation

Flume currently has docs in reStructuredText (RST) format. You will find the docs in the flume-ng-doc project. However, these files are no longer used.

In the flume-site project you will find the same files (plus more) in the source/sphinx directory. These files are then processed and the resulting html is generated in the content directly. Unfortunately, the user and developer guides are not referenced from there though. The generated html has to be manually copied to the relevant release directory. I plan to fix that so manual copying isn’t necessary.

The concern I have is that the doc that is in flume-ng-doc and the doc in flume-site are going to get out of sync. For this release I copied the user guide and dev guide to flume-site. However, I would prefer to simply remove flume-ng-doc since it isn’t really used.

Are there any objects to doing that once 1.10.0 is finished?

Ralph