Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 14:55:46 UTC

Certification?

Hello,
Now that flex is under Apache (but not AIR), wanted to know how would flex
certification work now.
Flex 3 and 4 certifications are still there:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/flex_certification.html

Will certifications still be handled by Adobe? If not, how is it going to
be from now on?

Cheers!
Deepak

Re: Certification?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Being active on the mailing list, submitting and fixing bug and becoming an Apache Flex committer because of that could be considered a certification of sorts and probably far more valuable to potential employer than a paper certification.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Certification?

Posted by Carlos Velasco <ca...@gmail.com>.
I don't like so much certification models, as I find them just a way to get
money from people pockets. However I think there is some kind of movement
still to be done to get back where FLEX is supposed to be... Enterprise
size developments.

So, if not developer certifications, maybe a quality assurance
certification model could be a way to return to the good path... Could it
be?

Re: Certification?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Certification?