Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Patton <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/12 05:36:06 UTC

[Axis2] Apache HTTP, Tomcat, and SSL

Hi,
I developed a web service using Axis2-1.2 and transfered the .aar file to a remote server, using ftp. Apache HTTP server runs in front of Tomcat 5.5 and forces https on all requests, but does not require client authentication. The connection between Tomcat and Apache HTTP is done with mod_jk.

When I point a web browser to the Axis2/service location, I am able to see that my service is deployed. However, the port number in the .wsdl file generated  by Axis is not accurate. It still shows port 8080.  In addition, the IP address of the server is displayed. How can I have Axis2 write the server name (example: myCompany.coml/Axis2/service/myService) in the generated .wsdl file instead of the IP address followed by the port?

I addition, the error below appears when I try to connect to the server using a java client application. It appears that the client cannot find the server. Any idea on how to resolve that? Thanks
Mike

Please see the stacktrace of the error below

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection
refused: connect at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:221)
at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:452)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:330)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:294)
at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:520)
at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:500)
at org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.RPCServiceClient.invokeBlocking(RPCServiceClient.java:97)
at com.myCompany.orange.client.Main.main(Main.java:33)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection refused: connect
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:314)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:201)
... 7 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection refused: connect
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:179)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:73)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:305)
... 8 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory.createSocket(ReflectionSocketFactory.java:139)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:124)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:706)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:386)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:346)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.executeMethod(AbstractHTTPSender.java:558)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:176)
... 10 more