Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by pradeep_2731 <pr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/13 11:11:50 UTC

Need clarification on throughput timer formula

Hi alex,

Thanks for ur reply to me.I would like to clarify this formula with u.

I will give one sample value which i have.Please explain me how to use this
formula to give the value in the throughpit timer

Response Data(KB/Sec) = 261.4
Throughput      (/sec)   = 77.5/sec

Consider that iam goin to test for 100kbs.

One more doubt.When i have 5 URL's in a single thread group then should i
take the total value for the attributes which are in the formula and is it
ok if i put only one timer for a thread group.

Kindly bear with my doubts even if its silly.I am new to this Jmeter and i
have to do this assingment.Expecting ur reply asap.bye

Sent from the JMeter - User forum at Nabble.com.

RE: Need clarification on throughput timer formula

Posted by Alex Turner <Al...@Project-Network.com>.
Pradeep,

I see you problem.  I don't think that you can perfectly simulate what you want because JMeter can set the average throughput but not (as far as I know) the peak.

However, as for the formula:

261.4 KB.s-1 / 77.5pps => 3372 Bytes per page

100KBs-1 / 3372 BytesPerPage ~= 30 pages per second = 1800 pages per minute.

To get 100KBs-1 you will require a through put controller set to 1800 pages per minute.

If you want to submit several URL's and keep the average rate at 100KBs-1 then you replace the bytes per page with the average (mean) bytes per page.

Cheers

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com