Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2018/11/07 12:48:48 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Manage millions of identities

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1395

> After that, I would also like to add a new module to the sources, with
> purpose of running performance tests with JMeter support: in this way
> we will be able to effectively check the numbers of the available
> implementations.

That's next step.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Manage millions of identities

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
>> On 29/10/18 11:27, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I am currently in the middle of a spike which leverages PostgreSQL's
>>> JSONB data type to replace *PlainAttr / * PlainAttrValue, and I am
>>> around 90% feature-wise.
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1395
>>
>>> After that, I would also like to add a new module to the sources,
>>> with purpose of running performance tests with JMeter support: in
>>> this way we will be able to effectively check the numbers of the
>>> available implementations.
>>
>> That's next step.
>
> Hi all,
> here's the status update:
>
> * PostgreSQL JSONB support was successfully built - see SYNCOPE-1395
> * MySQL JSON support (yet to come) likely requires MySQL 8 - see
> SYNCOPE-1401
> * I have developed a performance test suite [1] (which can be run
> either against "standard" and "JSON" flavors) and reported the results
> obtained with PostgreSQL [2], up to 1 million users
>
> FYI I am going to blog about the results obtained so far, which are
> definitely good to me, and show that Syncope is now equipped with an
> engine capable of gracefully handling (at least) 1 million users.

Here we go:
http://blog.tirasa.net/benchmarking-apache-syncope-on-postgresql.html

Regards.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.