Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/03/17 17:00:05 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] AuthWithTomcat Crafterm People Mon Mar 17 17:00:05 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=AuthWithTomcat , version: 3 on Mon Mar 17 15:00:54 2003 by BrunoDumon

- You can handle this manually by creating a login form and then using Action's in the sitemap to check if the user is logged in. Better yet, there's a framework to do this in Cocoon [described here|http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html].
?                                                                            -

+ You can handle this manually by creating a login form and then using Actions in the sitemap to check if the user is logged in. Better yet, there's a framework to do this in Cocoon [described here|http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html].
- Doing the authorisation in the sitemap gives more flexibility with regarding to what parts of the pipeline should be protected compared to using the security features of the servlet container. However, in many cases what the servlet container offers may be more then enough and is easier and quicker to set up (in my opinion, of course).
?                                                               -----         ---

+ Doing the authorisation in the sitemap gives more flexibility regarding what parts of the pipeline should be protected compared to using the security features of the servlet container. However, in many cases what the servlet container offers may be more then enough and is easier and quicker to set up (in my opinion, of course).
- The login-config element describes how the login should happen. In the example above we have used form-based login, which will required us to create login pages. An alternative is basic authentication, in which case the browser will show a popup window asking for your credentials.
?                                                                                                                           -----       ^

+ The login-config element describes how the login should happen. In the example above we have used form-based login, which requires us to create login pages. An alternative is basic authentication, in which case the browser will show a popup window asking for your credentials.
?                                                                                                                                  ^

- In this case, you would place a link to "/logout?goto=somewhere" which would logout the user and redirect him or here to page "somewhere".
?                                                                                                                     -

+ In this case, you would place a link to "/logout?goto=somewhere" which would logout the user and redirect him or her to page "somewhere".
+ !If you get the error "Invalid direct reference to form login page"
+ If you are getting this error, it usually means that either:
+ * you don't have cookies enabled
+ * you surfed directly to the login page. You should instead request a protected resource, which will then redirect you to the login page.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Crafterm , version: 1 on Mon Mar 17 15:21:40 2003 by Crafterm

New page created:
+ Hi There,
+
+ My name is Marcus Crafter, and I've been developing with Cocoon since February 2000. I'm originally from Mount Gambier, Australia, but are currently working in Frankfurt, Germany.
+
+ I was voted in as a Cocoon [committer|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103117411226712&w=2] in
+ September 2002 by [Sylvain Wallez|http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SylvainWallez], and are proud to be a member of the development team. You can find my committer introduction email [here|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103157616619745&w=2].
+
+ I've worked on various parts of Cocoon, including:
+
+ * Cocoon Flow [debugger|http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DebugFlowScripts]
+ * Incorporation of Avalon Excalibur [Instrumentation|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103191742806307&w=2]
+ * Axis based [SOAP server|http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103115065630802&w=2] for Cocoon
+ * plus others
+
+ I've also helped organise several Frankfurt Stammtisch events we've had in the past, and was also involved with the creation of the first Cocoon book (Cocoon: Building XML Applications) as a technical reviewer.
+
+ If you attended the Cocoon [GetTogether|http://outerthought.org/cocoon/gettogether/] in Ghent, you may have met me [there|http://outerthought.org/gallery/evening18th/IMG_1187]. :)
+
+ ----
+
+ Feel free to contact me at [crafterm@apache.org|mailto:crafterm@apache.org]
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=People , version: 111 on Mon Mar 17 15:24:55 2003 by Crafterm

+ * [Marcus Crafter|crafterm] -- Cocoon committer/developer.