Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Nicolas Paris <ni...@riseup.net> on 2020/01/22 12:51:17 UTC

UDF timestamp columns

Hi

I cannot find the way to implement hive UDF dealing with timestamp type.
I tried both java.sql.Timestamp and import org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.type.Timestamp
without success

Is there any guidance ?

thanks
--
nicolas

Re: UDF timestamp columns

Posted by Nicolas Paris <ni...@riseup.net>.
Thanks Shown

Finally I got it working with java.sql.Timestamp
Indeed the version of hive is important. However I am using hive UDF
with apache spark. Paradoxally, spark-sql only handle hive udf. It does
not handle spark udf (they only apply in spark - not spark-sql)

--
nicolas

Re: UDF timestamp columns