Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2007/06/07 00:11:42 UTC

Forrest is an EDP tool

Until January this year I was an independent contractor. Much of my
work was converting content from various sources into a standard
format so that it could be aggregated together and presented in a
number of different formats.

This morning I was interested to read an "advertorial" on ZDNet that
described this as [1] Enterprise Document Presentment (EDP). Looking a
little further afield on Google shows up some other interesting
articles on the topic.

When I was doing this stuff I did not realise that this was an
emerging field that had attracted its own marketing buzzwords.
However, it seems that it has done so.

Forrest is a framework for Enterprise Document Presentment systems.

So, should our website reflect this? It may help attract some more
developers to our cause (and get us away from the "its a web site
generation tool" image).

Ross

[1] http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6187811.html