Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by gil kroyzer <gi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/04 22:22:08 UTC

madriva & subversion

Hi
I'm new to mandriva. I have a working subversion repository that I'm using
on my old laptop and I want to install subversion on my new madriva box and
to be able to get the files from the windows repos. Are there any binary
packages for mandriva linux out there? Do I have to do any thing else other
then install them? Is there any tool similar to tortoiseSVN that will work
on linux?

Thanks

Gil

gilkroyzer@gmail.com

Re: madriva & subversion

Posted by Geoffrey <li...@serioustechnology.com>.
Ed Hillmann wrote:
> On 2/5/07, gil kroyzer <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I'm new to mandriva. I have a working subversion repository that I'm
>> using
>> on my old laptop and I want to install subversion on my new madriva
>> box and
>> to be able to get the files from the windows repos. Are there any binary
>> packages for mandriva linux out there? Do I have to do any thing else
>> other
>> then install them? Is there any tool similar to tortoiseSVN that will
>> work
>> on linux?
>>

> Hi Gil.  I don't know about existing binary packages for Mandriva, but
> I've been able to build SVN from a tarball on earlier Mandriva
> releases (Mandrake 10) without any problems.  I'm also unaware of any
> TortoiseSVN-like tools for Linux, but I haven't had to look (so it's
> probably more ignorance on my part). :)

Mandriva does come with rpms for subversion.  I'm working off of
Mandriva powerpack 2007 and it provides version 1.3.2.

> Ed

Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

Re: madriva & subversion

Posted by gil kroyzer <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I was able to find source for svn.1.4.2 and compile them th rpms for
mandriva2007. So the problem is over for me. thanks.
I'll also be glad to give these rpms to any one that needs them.
Regarding the gui client, I started using kdesvn and I'm wuite satisfied.
Thanks again

Gil

Re: madriva & subversion

Posted by Ed Hillmann <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: madriva & subversion

Posted by Geoffrey <li...@serioustechnology.com>.
gil kroyzer wrote:
> Hi
> I'm new to mandriva. I have a working subversion repository that I'm using
> on my old laptop and I want to install subversion on my new madriva box and
> to be able to get the files from the windows repos. Are there any binary
> packages for mandriva linux out there? Do I have to do any thing else other
> then install them? Is there any tool similar to tortoiseSVN that will work
> on linux?

Mandriva does come with Subversion.  I don't what tortoiseSVN is.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin